The Project page allows you to create, edit, delete and copy projects.
What is a project?
A project consists of:
- Project name
- Project description
- Preference settings
- Station coordinates
Export project data to a file
If you don’t wish to store project data into the cloud, you can export your project data to a file within the Tools page. To do this, use the following general steps (we recommend you review all steps before creating your project):
- Create a dummy project called Temp (or some other valid project name) and select it to be active.
- Import and/or add station and observation data from the Data page.
- Make any preference setting changes on the Preferences page.
- Export the project to a file from the Tools page.
- Ignore the Save Changes option visible in the Main Menu.
Navigate off the Project page
To navigate to any of the other pages (Data, Adjust, etc.), you must first select a project to be Active. Click the Select column next to the project you wish to make active. This will load all current project data from the cloud (if any).
Copy a project
The Copy option allows you to make a copy of the current active project. This copy is made within the cloud.
Upload a project
Use the Upload option to add an existing project file to the cloud. This file type is created when using the Tools | Project Export tab, Select Export File button.
This tool also allows you to share projects with others. Simply export an existing selected cloud project using the Tools | Project Export tab, Select Export File option. Give the file to another user, and they can import it into their cloud space.
If you prefer to not store a project in the cloud:
- Export the new project to disk by using the process describe above.
- Delete the project from the cloud.
- Upload the project when you want to work with it again.
- When done, export again, then delete from the cloud.